- Society Against Violence in Education (SAVE) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy.
What personal information we collect
- We collect personal information about individuals including members, supporters, volunteers, contractors, job applicants and people whose rights we work to protect. The personal information which we collect and hold generally includes your name, address, date of birth and contact details (such as your phone number, fax number and email address).
- You do not have to provide us with your personal information. However if you do not provide us with your personal information, it will be difficult for us to contact you. Without your personal information, we may not for example, be able to issue you with a receipt, offer you employment, help you if that is what you require, or provide you with more information about our work.
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information you provide to us directly, for example, in person, over the phone, by email, via our website or by completing our online or hard copy petition forms to take action in particular campaigns we may be running. We may also collect your personal information from publicly available sources and third parties.
- During your communications with us, please do not provide us with personal information (including any sensitive information) of any other individual unless you have the express consent of that individual to do so. If you do provide us with such information about another individual, you:
- warrant that you have that individual’s consent to
provide their information to us
Use of personal information
- We use personal information you provide us for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes or as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include:
- processing donations, memberships and Rights Defender pledge
- issuing receipts
- responding to your comments or questions
- providing follow-up information about Society Against Violence in Education’s activities
- supporter research, for example asking you to participate in a survey about your involvement with Society Against Violence in Education
- requesting financial or activism support
- improving our website
- measuring the level of support received and the effectiveness of our campaigns
- providing you with marketing material such as our newsletter (if you opt-in to receive such information); and
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your information.
Disclosure of personal information
- Any personal information you provide to us may be disclosed, if appropriate, to third parties who provide services on our behalf, such as mail, database, telephone, IT, audit, professional advice, payment processing and research services. We may also disclose your personal information to our volunteers who assist with many of our tasks.
- We have confidentiality agreements in place with many of our service providers and external agencies, and with staff and volunteers who handle personal information that we provide to them. We will only disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was initially collected, other directly related purposes or purposes to which you otherwise consent.
- Other than as stated above we will we not share your personal information. However, it is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose personal information in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, for example, in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, whenever we ask for your financial details online, we use security-encrypted response forms provided by well known payment gateways – we do not have any direct access to those info, the payment gateways use it for processing payments.
- However, data protection and security measures are never completely secure (particularly for information sent online) and, despite the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. You must take care to ensure you protect your personal information (for example, by protecting any usernames and passwords, etc) and you should notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches. If you don’t wish to make your financial contribution online, please contact us to receive a hard copy form.
Additional information for website or email use
When you visit our website, we (or our web service providers) may collect and store your computer’s assigned IP address, the date and time of your visit, the information accessed and the referring page. We (or our service providers) may also collect other non-identifying data for statistical purposes. This information is not linked to your personal information unless required by law.
Like many websites, our website may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. Cookies are small text files that the website transfers to your computer through your web browser to enable the website’s systems to recognise your computer. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes. Any such information may be aggregated and not linked to particular individuals unless required by law. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please note that some parts of the website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
If you send us an email, the message content may be monitored by our Internet Service Provider or SAVE employees / volunteers if email abuse is suspected, or for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes. Email is an unsecure communications medium; it should not be used for confidential correspondence.
Third party links
Accuracy, access and correction
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. We may, on request, provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We may notify you of the basis for any denial of access to your personal information.
- To request access to your personal information or, if you wish to update or correct your personal information, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
- We may refer your complaint to our concerned staff / volunteer to investigate the issue and to determine the steps that we need to undertake to resolve your complaint. We may contact you if we require any additional information from you and may notify you in writing (or through email) of the outcome of the investigation.
- If you have any questions or concerns about our
us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Society Against Violence in Education
419/F, Banamali Banerjee Road,
Kolkata – 700 082